Last modified: December 26, 2019
In the course of serving you, We may obtain personal information from you. This information is important to our ability to deliver the highest level of service to you. This Policy describes the types of information We may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.agws.com (“Website”) and Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy does not apply to information collected by any third party; including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, entity name, gender, age demographic, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect may include:
- Information you provide by filling in forms on Our Website. This includes information provided at the time of requesting further services.
- Information you provide to the Us in the normal course of business to service your account and requests.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact Us.
- Details of transactions you carry out through Us and of the fulfillment of your orders.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect Through the Normal Course of Business
When servicing an account, We may collect personal information about you or your business, as appropriate, so that We may better serve you. This information is not sold to any third party. This information is obtained when provided by you, or by the applicable business partner in processing your account.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, We may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to Our Website, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). You may visit Google’s analytics practices by going to www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/, and opt out of tracking by downloading the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on, available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The information We collect automatically may include personal information or We may maintain it or associate it with personal information We collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps Us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling Us to:
- Estimate audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing customization of Our Website and services according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, please see the sections Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that We collect about you or that you provide to Us, including any personal information:
- To present Our Website and its contents to you.
- To service your account.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from Us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account.
- To carry out Our obligations and enforce Our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and Us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to Our Website or any products or services We offer or provide through it.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want Us to use your information in this way, please contact Us at email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about Our users, and information that does not identify any individual.
- To Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support Our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which We prescribe to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets in which personal information held by the Company is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce Our agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If We deem disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to Us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt at any time by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If We have sent you a promotional email, you may send Us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want Us to use information that we collect or that you provide to Us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt out by sending an email stating your request to email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can receive information on opting out of targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website, http://optout.networkadvertising.org/?c=1.
Information from Minors
The information and services provided by Us are not intended for minors. We do not knowingly collect, use, or share any information from any minor. If we become aware that a minor provided us with personal information, we take steps to delete such personal information.
Safeguarding your Information
We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We limit access to your personal information to authorized employees or agents. We also maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information. While we endeavor to safeguard and protect your information, we shall have no liability in breaches of security, as permitted by law.
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information to any third parties.
You have the right to request that We disclose certain information to you about Our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once a request is received and verified to be a consumer, We will disclose to you the categories of personal information collected and its sources, the business purpose of such collection, the categories of parties with which We share the information, and the specific personal information collected. You have the right to request deletion of personal information in instances when that information is not needed to comply with law or carry out the business to provide you with requested or contracted goods and services. You may make this request twice in a 12-month period. You may request this information by email, phone, or mail. You must provide enough information to verify your identity and provide sufficient information about your request. We will respond to your request within 45 days of its receipt.
800-579-2233 ext. 4310
AGWS – Legal Department, P.O. Box 768, Warrenville, IL 60555
We will not share information We collect about you with companies outside of our Company, unless the law allows. For example, We may share information with your consent or to service your account. We will limit sharing to the extent required by California law. We do not sell personal information to third parties.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the California Consumer Protection Act.
If you have a disability and need a copy of the Policy in an alternative format, you may contact Us at the contact information listed above.
Questions or Concerns
We value your opinions. If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy and our privacy practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 800-579-2233 ext. 4310, or at the following address:
AGWS – Legal Department
P.O. Box 768
Warrenville, IL 60555
Headquartered just outside of Chicago, Illinois, AGWS is an innovative provider of administration services for Dealers and Marketers offering vehicle service contracts, limited warranties, and a variety of environmental and aftermarket products across the United States. Since its inception in 1998, the goals of AGWS are to offer superior claim processing, exceptional customer service, and unrivaled profitability options. Products are insured by “A” or “A-” (Excellent) rated carriers. AGWS is part of the American Guardian Group of Companies and enjoys an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.